The tiger nuts, dates and coconut milk possess a lot of health benefits. However, it is mostly known for its ability to increase the libido of males and females. This tasty drink is not only a natural aphrodisiac; it also is a rich source of energy. So, you can be sure that taking a drink of this milk will provide you the needed energy to enjoy your sex life. Apart from its ability to increase the sex drive, the drink is packed with several nutrients that offer numerous health benefits.
The tiger nuts (often known as Aya in Nigeria) are not really nuts but are actually tubers that grow beneath the soil surface. They are also called earth almonds, yellow nutsedge or tiger nutsedge and have been used for centuries, especially in the Western part of the world. They are known for their high fiber content and for the various nutrients which are present in them.
How To Make Tiger Nuts, Dates & Coconut Drink Juice
To prepare this drink, you?ll need the following:
- 3-4 cups of tiger nuts (you can decide to peel the skin if you wish).
- 10-12 dates.
- 1 coconut.
- Soak the tiger nuts in water for a day.
- Next, wash the tiger nuts and place in a bowl.
- Remove the seeds in the dates, wash properly and pour into another bowl.
- Break the coconut and cut its flesh into tiny bits. Wash and pour into a clean bowl.
- Blend them all using a high-powered blender or take it to a local mill to ensure it blends smoothly.
- Sieve the mixture and collect the clear milk into a jug.
- Drink a cup at room temperature or you can leave in a refrigerator to drink chilled.
Health Benefits Of?Tiger Nuts, Dates & Coconut Drink Juice
Here are the health benefits of this milk:
- IT IS RICH IN FIBRE
This drink is loaded with fiber and is a much-needed drink for those who have constipation. Due to the high fiber content, it aids digestion. So, if you have trouble with digestion, the tiger nuts, dates and coconut milk drink will be useful in improving digestion. A glass of this milk a day can improve digestion. Alternatively, you can decide to eat the tiger nuts raw to improve digestion. The tiger nut is packed with loads of fiber.
- IT IS A GOOD SUBSTITUTE FOR THOSE WHO ARE LACTOSE INTOLERANT
For those people who cannot drink cow?s milk, because they are lactose intolerant, this drink is a healthy alternative for these individuals. It is rich in calcium, which aids bone development and growth. The tiger, date and coconut milk is advised to be used by those who cannot drink cow?s milk due to lactose intolerance as it contains the same nutrients present in cow?s milk. Among all other non-milk substitutes, this drink contains the highest number of fat content.
- IT IS RICH IN VITAMIN E AND C
It has been discovered in recent studies that tiger nuts are a rich source of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamins E and C. So if you?re looking for a drink that is rich in vitamins, this drink is a good option. These vitamins, like the Vitamin C, can provide nourishment to your skin, making it look smooth and tender.
- IT IS A GOOD SOURCE OF MAGNESIUM
Magnesium is an important mineral that is required for several biochemical reactions in the body. This drink is useful as it regulates sugar in the body, maintains the blood pressure of the body, it strengthens the bones and it enables the muscles and nerves to perform normally as well as keep you healthy.
- CONTAINS ARGININE
This tasty drink contains plenty of amino acids, especially arginine which is believed to maintain normal blood flow in the body. The tiger nuts drink can provide solutions to chest pain, clogged arteries, erectile dysfunction, heart failure, as well as a headache.
- SOURCE OF POTASSIUM
Potassium is important as it helps to control blood pressure, regulate contraction of the muscles and helps the normal functioning of the cells and organs of the body, especially the heart. The tiger nuts, dates and coconut milk is a good source of potassium for the body.
- IT IS A VERY RICH NON-MEAT PROTEIN SOURCE
This drink is one of the richest non-meat sources of protein in the body. It helps to build the bones, the muscles and helps nourish the skin. For those who desire a drink rich in protein, this tiger nut drink will serve as an effective alternative.
- GOOD FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE ANAEMIA
The dates used to make this drink are very rich in iron and are useful for individuals who have an iron deficiency, which leads to anemia. Hence, the drink is a good source of iron as it helps increase the amount of iron present in the body, thereby reducing the effect of anemia.
- PRESENCE OF ANTI-OXIDANTS
The anti-oxidants present in this drink can help fight against free radicals in the body, reducing the rate at which the skin ages.
SIDE EFFECTS OF TIGER NUTS
- It Can Cause Allergy
Some of the elements present in tiger nuts can cause allergies to persons who consume them. For example, if someone is allergic to fiber, it is advised that such a person stay away from eating tiger nuts or consuming anything that contains tiger nuts since the tiger nut is loaded with fiber.
- IT CAUSES ITCHING IN THE THROAT
For some people, after consuming tiger nuts, they feel an itching sensation in their throat due to remnants of the chewed tiger nuts, and this can lead to coughing. For a person battling with a cough, eating the tiger nuts might not seem like a good idea.
- IT CONTAINS HUGE AMOUNT OF CALORIES
Tiger nuts contain lots of calories and can lead to increased weight. So, for persons trying to lose weight, eating the tiger nut might be a bad idea. And even if you must, try eating it in relatively small quantities.
- IT HAS DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS
For people who have issues with digestion, it is advised they stay away from tiger nuts or eat in very small quantities. This is because tiger nuts do not digest and this can cause problems for you, especially if you have issues with digestion.
- FIBER SURGE
When you suddenly eat lots of fiber, especially when you have not consumed fiber for some time, it can cause shock, and this shock can cause abdominal pain, constipation, bloating, flatulence or diarrhea. Avoid eating lots of tiger nuts at once.
- Consuming excessive tiger nuts can cause problems for pregnant women.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF TIGER NUTS IN PREGNANCY
- An intake of dietary fiber can reduce the risk of certain conditions in pregnant women. Consuming tiger nuts can provide the needed fiber for pregnant women. However, care should be taken by the pregnant woman not to consume an excess of tiger nuts.
- Some pregnant women may be lactose intolerant and will need milk free from lactose. A tiger nut is a good option for such persons as it is free from lactose. It is rich in calcium which can help build and develop the bones of the baby.
- Tiger nuts are rich in magnesium which helps to prevent premature contraction of the uterus. Magnesium also helps relax the muscles.
- Due to the presence of arginine, eating tiger nuts can aid blood flow during pregnancy.
- Tiger nut is a good source of protein which can help in developing the young fetus. A deficiency of protein in a developing fetus can cause poor bone development, bone deformities. It can also lead to a miscarriage or brain damage to the fetus. In fact, a pregnant woman who lacks protein might feel fatigued. Hence, protein is much needed for the healthy development of mother and child.
- Tiger nuts can also help nursing mothers to produce more breast milk.
- Tiger nut is a great source of omega-3 fatty acid. Omega-3 fatty acids can help develop the brains of the baby, increasing attention span, learning capacity and intelligence.
HOW TO EAT TIGER NUTS
Tiger nuts can be eaten in the following ways:
- They can be eaten raw (for some, with the back peeled off).
- They can be ground to make a milk drink as discussed earlier.
- For persons who need energy, it can be eaten at breakfast.
- Tiger nuts can be ground to produce tiger nut flour. This flour can be used to bake cakes, cookies, pies or browns.
- Due to its crunchy nature, you can add to cereals or oats to eat.
WHERE TO BUY TIGER NUTS
There are several companies that sell tiger nuts. And you can place an order to get them delivered to you. You can order for tiger nuts on Amazon. For individuals who live in Nigeria, they are abundant in the north. You can buy them in the marketplaces or from hawkers.
HOW MANY TIGER NUTS SHOULD I EAT?
There are no studies to show how much tiger nut is too much for the body. You should remember though that an excessive intake of healthy food items can end up causing problems. So, eat with discretion.
TIGER NUTS AND FEMALE FERTILITY
It has been found that tiger nuts can increase the production of estrogen, a female reproductive hormone which is responsible for developing the reproductive system of females and secondary sex characteristics. So, eating tiger nuts can help with fertility.
IS TIGER NUT GOOD FOR BABIES?
Well, the tiger nuts contain nutrients which can help babies. Giving babies tiger nuts can help with bone development. However, since babies can?t chew, tiger nuts milk in small quantities can help babies develop faster. Since they are very young, the milk should be given in small quantities.
TIGER NUTS AND SPERM COUNT
Tiger nuts are rich in Vitamin E which can help to increase the sperm count, motility, and quality. If you are having problems with your sperm count, eating tiger nuts can be very helpful.
HOW TO PRESERVE TIGER NUTS MILK
You can preserve the tiger nuts milk by placing the jar in a refrigerator. This can only last for a few days. If you wish to preserve it for much longer, putting the milk in a freezer would be more effective.