How To Stop, Prevent Cancer Cells From Spreading & Growing Naturally.. Miracle Foods That Kill & Cure Cancer Cells
Cancer starts at a primary location and then begins to grow in size until it can no longer be contained in its primary site when it starts to spread to other [secondary] sites. This process of spreading or “metastasis” has been a subject of research for many years, and still continues to be, as it holds a potential key of treating the disease. This is because the fatality of cancers has been found to be greatly linked with the extent of their spread, rather than their formation.
The main objective of this article is to present to you (the reader) some natural ways of inhibiting or stopping the spread of cancer cells. But before going into the natural remedies, it wouldn’t hurt if we first take a look at the factors that promote the spread of cancer in the body.
There are many factors which contribute to the start of cancer cells in the body including poor dieting and bad lifestyle habits like sedentary behavior and smoking. These factors and more do not only lead to the formation of tumors in the body, but have also been linked with the spread of cancerous cells from their original locations to secondary sites in the body.
The following are some of the most affecting factors that contribute to the spread of cancer cells in the body:
- This refers to the process whereby new blood vessels are produced in the body. Cancer cells although are abnormal in nature as they do not behave like normal cells, they are, however, cells and need sufficient blood supply in order to survive. Through angiogenesis, cancer cells get an adequate supply of blood which is necessary for their growth and survival. As a result, the cancer cells form tumors which have a favorable environment to thrive and begin to migrate through either the bloodstream or the lymphatic system.
- Chronic inflammation. Various hypotheses have suggested that about one-quarter of all cancers that affect man are linked to chronic inflammation. The inflammation of entire systems in the body provides an enabling environment for the rapid growth and formation of tumors in the body as well as aid in metastasis. Scientists have also linked inflammation to epigenetic alterations that also favor cancer spread.
- Hormonal activity. The activities of some hormones such as estrogen in women or testosterones in men can affect the spread of breast and testicular cancer in women and men respectively. As a result, women with a risk of breast cancer or those already suffering from the disease are advised to avoid all medication that can increase the production of estrogen in the body such as birth control pills.
- Poor dieting. Eating foods that can promote the spread of cancer cells in the body is yet another factor that contributes to metastasis. Foods such as microwave popcorn, fried foods, processed meats, and non-organic produce can help to increase the spread of cancer in the body due to the presence of carcinogenic substances in them.
We have considered some of the factors that can promote the spread of cancer in the body, now we’ll take a look at some natural ways of effectively suppressing this spread without chemotherapy.
- Consumption of foods rich in ursolic acid.
Foods such as holy basic and bilberries have been found to contain ursolic acid which is beneficial in the control of breast, lung, colon, skin, and pancreatic cancer. This acid stops the metastatic spread of cancer cells by inducing apoptosis – programmed self death of cells – in the cells.
- Eating cruciferous vegetables
Broccoli, cabbages, cauliflower, and turnips are members of the Cruciferae family of vegetables. These cruciferous vegetables have been found to have cancer-fighting capabilities due to the presence of sulfates such as glucosinolates, a potent anti-cancer agent. So, if you have been diagnosed with any type of cancer, you should consider eating more of these vegetables to stop the spread of the tumor.
Tomatoes are rich in lots of essential minerals and nutrients including carotenoids such as lycopene – the chemical compound that gives the fruit its red color. Lycopene has cancer-fighting properties which can help in inhibiting the spread of cancer cells in the body. Thankfully, tomatoes have this compound in abundance.
- Eat foods that have anti-inflammatory agents
We have seen that inflammation promotes the spread of cancer in the body; therefore eating anti-inflammatory foods will definitely help to prevent this spread. Chamomile tea and celery contain luteolin which is an anti-inflammatory agent; turmeric also has another powerful anti-inflammatory agent called curcumin which helps to block TNF (tumor necrosis factor) thereby, slowing down metastasis.
- Avoid foods with a high glycemic index i.e. sugary foods
Cancer cells thrive on sugar; hence, starving the body of foods with high sugar levels is a natural and effective way of stopping metastasis. Examples of foods with a high GI (glycemic index) are bread, raisins, puffed rice, cookies, and white potatoes.
- Eat low-sugar foods
As much as you need to avoid foods with high sugar content, your body still needs sugar. Thence, the best option is to go for foods with low sugar content like grass-fed beef, whole grains, and raw cheese.
- Stay away from alcohol
Studies have shown that the excessive consumption of alcohol increase the risk of cancer development in the body. As a result, it is advised that cancer patients need to avoid consuming alcohol in large amounts, or to stay away from it altogether.
- Consume more foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids
Research findings have proven the cancer-preventing properties of omega-3 fatty acid, which is considered as healthy fat. Even more, omega-3 fatty acid helps in reducing inflammation, which is another contributing factor to cancer spread. Examples of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids are salmon fish, chia seeds, canola oil, flaxseeds, and walnuts.
- Vitamin D-rich foods
Vitamin D is essential in the production of some proteins in the body which can help in slowing down metastasis. One of such anti-cancer proteins is DBP-maf, which helps to inhibit angiogenesis – a factor necessary for the spread of cancer. GcMAF is another similar protein that is dependent on vitamin D and helps to slow down metastasis. Foods rich in vitamin D include fishes like mackerel, salmon, tuna; pastured eggs, cheese, mushroom, beef liver, and fermented dairy products.
- Eat more sea veggies
Sea vegetables such as arame, wakame, and kombu have been found to have anti-cancer properties that make them suitable for stopping metastasis. These vegetables are rich in essential nutrients and minerals like magnesium, calcium, and iron which help to reduce the spread of cancer cells. In addition, the presence of anti-inflammatory compounds and other antioxidants in these vegetables helps to reduce inflammation and combat oxidative stress.
- Eat more organic produce
Organic produce do not go through the same processes as non-organic ones and so, do not have the carcinogens that non-organic produce have. Even more, organic produce have high levels of essential body nutrients which can help in the fight against cancer. Eating more organic foods is a natural way of slowing down metastasis.
- Avoid non-organic foods and GMOs
Non-organic foods and GMOs (genetically modified organisms) have been linked with several types of cancer. These foods are produced by subjecting them to several chemicals in order to make them grow bigger. Unfortunately, most of these chemicals are harmful as they have carcinogenic properties that can promote the spread of cancer cells in people already living with cancer.
- Use hemp
Hemp seeds and hemp oil stimulate the production of melatonin in the body. Melatonin or “the sleep hormone” has an indirect link with cancer as the levels of this hormone can either promote or suppress the growth of cancer cells in the body. By helping to increase the levels of melatonin in the body, hemp oil and hemp seeds can slow down the spread of cancer cells to other parts of the body. Apart from this, hemp oil has also been shown to contain large amounts of omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acid, which are beneficial in the fight against cancer.
- Eat foods rich in ellagic acid
Ellagic acid is a naturally occurring acid found in many fruits such as blueberries, pomegranates, and nuts like walnuts. While this acid is not a cancer remedy in itself, it is, however, a potential anti-cancer agent when combined with other cancer-fighting agents. Ellagic acid can help in stopping metastasis by halting the chemical combination of carcinogens and DNA. By so doing, the DNA in cells are prevented from undergoing mutations, which can lead to the formation of cancerous cells. Apart from this, ellagic acid is also believed to induce apoptosis in cancer cells.
While most of the methods mentioned in this piece are natural and effective, most of them are still undergoing further investigations or tests. As a result, this article is only meant to serve an educative or informative purpose, and hence, does not and should not substitute professional medical advice. Therefore, you are advised to seek your doctor’s opinion before employing any method.