- Herbal Family Planning, Birth Control Methods: How To Prevent Pregnancy Without Contraceptives Or Pill
- Natural Herbs For Family Planning, Herbal Birth Control Methods: Natural Contraceptive Foods, Pills & Supplements
Birth control is an issue that is mainly discussed in hushed tones inside most couples’ bedroom. As much as children are a delight to their parents, their coming and joining their parents ought to be planned.
Using birth controls is a way of planning having children at the right time. There are many conventional and herbal methods of birth control that you can choose from to help you achieve this. However, many types of these birth controls produce side effects either slight or serious ones. The side effects may differ with individuals due to hormonal issue.
Before using any of these methods, it is good to inquire from your family doctor or family planning services provider what can suit you best.
Natural Herbs For Birth Control
Herbs have been used by different cultures as birth control in time immemorial. Some of these herbs as we mentioned before come with side effects. It is therefore important to be cautious while using them by seeking advice from your herbalist or doctor before any attempt.
There are many herbs you can use for this purpose, but we have picked randomly just a few as shown below:
• Smartweed Leaves – Smartweed leaves are effective in birth control because they contain Rutin, Gallic acid and Quercetin . These chemicals will prevent a fertilized egg from being implanted in the uterus.
Smartweed Leaves Preparation:
- Boil 4 cups of water
- Add in four ounces of the weed’s leaves
- Cover to steep and until cool then take it slowly
- Repeat this every day until you receive your periods.
• Blue Cohosh – This plant produces some substances that make uterus contract and therefore prevent implantation of a fertilized egg from taking place.
- Measure a quart of boiled water
- Add one teaspoon of Blue cohosh.
- Let it stand for about 5 minutes to steep and then sip it slowly.
- Repeat this every day until you get your period.
• Ginger: This common ingredient in the kitchen helps to promote menstrual flow and therefore preventing unwanted pregnancy. Drink concentrated ginger tea twice daily until you get your periods.
• Rue : It has rutin and pilocarpine that prevent implantation from taking place.
- In a cup of boiled water, add 2 tablespoons of rue
- Cover it to steep for about 2 minutes.
- Drink this tea when still warm thrice daily.
- Repeat this until you see your period
Natural Contraceptive Foods
There are several foods and fruits you can use to aid birth control. Here are just a few of them:
• Unripe Pawpaw Aka Papaya: Ithas enzymes known as ‘Papain’ that suppresses progesterone hormones from multiplying.
Progesterone is what prepares the uterus in readiness of conception and maintaining pregnancy. So when suppressed, implantation cannot take place since the uterine signals to be unready.
To prevent pregnancy with Papaya, eat it twice daily for 4 days twice daily after unsafe intercourse.
Papaya Seeds As Male, Men Contraceptive
Papaya seeds can be consumed by male partner as men contraceptive since they reduce sperm count. It gets back to normal once he stops taking them. Blend or crash them in any fruit juice and consume a substantial amount for better results.
• Figs: They are said to be the best method for controlling conception. To prevent pregnancy after unsafe intercourse, eat 2 – 3 dried figs.
Herbal Supplements Birth Control
The only known herbal supplement that you can use for birth control is Vitamin C. Vitamin C contains Ascorbic acid which interferes with the production of progesterone hormone. Progesterone hormone prepares the uterus in readiness of conception. Take 1500mg of Vitamin C in any form twice daily for three days after unsafe intercourse.
Herbal Supplements Birth Control Pills
There are no known herbal supplement birth control pills unless you consider vitamin C pills to fall into this category as well.
Natural Contraceptive Pill
The known natural birth control pill is Qlaira. The pill is made from plants by Bayer Schering Pharma. This pill just like conventional birth control pill should be taken orally every day. It works by producing bio-identical hormones which are like natural body’s hormones that prevent pregnancy from taking place.
Overdosing herbal products can cause serious health issues, and therefore you should be cautious to use the doses recommended.
As per our discussion, these methods are only for birth control. You should never use them when pregnant or to procure an abortion. Taking care of your health should be your No. 1 mandate.
Have a natural-healthy life.