Natural Treatment Home Remedies For Blood Clots…Herbs That Dissolves Blood Clots & Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Blood Clot
The human body needs blood in order to function correctly; without it, there is no human life. This “red fluid” is responsible for carrying oxygen and essential body nutrients to different parts of the body. However, this free transportation can be hindered by blood clots. A blood clot occurs when the [liquid] blood begins to form into a solid or semi-solid. While blood clotting is a good way that the body stops excessive bleeding, it becomes bad when the clots are getting too much, an inability of the body to dissolve the clots naturally, or blood clotting without any injury. This can be dangerous to the body because the clots may block the supply of blood to important body organs like the heart and brain.
Causes of excessive blood clotting
Abnormal blood clotting can be as a result of various reasons such as anemia, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, dehydration, smoking, high cholesterol level, internal injury, and ruptured blood vessels – arteries and veins.
Symptoms of blood clotting
Depending on the region where the blood is located, there are visible signs which can help you know when you have a blood clot. The most common places and associated symptoms include the following:
|Leg/Arm||Painful swelling, reddish discoloration,|
|Brain||Headaches, dizziness, eye problems|
|Heart||Shortness of breath, chest pain, sweating|
|Abdomen||Diarrhea, vomiting, stomach pain|
|Lungs||Shortness of breath, chest pain, sweating, racing heart, and blood in coughs.|
There are various ways of treating blood clots including through the use of medication. However, as with other health problems, there is always a natural way to go about it. That is the essence of this article: to highlight some natural remedies for blood clots at home.
Natural ways to get rid of a blood clot
Poor blood circulation is a symptom of blood clotting. Exercising is a great and quick way of improving blood circulation. If you have blood clots, regular exercising and being active through the day is an effective and natural way to get rid of blood clots.
Doing yoga is a natural way of dealing with blood clots. The poses involved help in promoting proper blood circulation to the heart. Two yoga poses that can be done in order to get rid of blood clots are “Uttanasana” and “Sarvangasana”. The first pose involves bending forward with the head meeting the knees and the trunk stretching. The second one, Sarvangasana, involves standing on the shoulders and head with the feet pointing upwards and the knees facing the face.
Oil extracted from the anise herbal plant has medicinal purposes. This essential oil has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which make it a good remedy for blood clots. As a caution, the use of essential oils for treating blood clots should be only for clots in the legs and arms.
This is another essential oil. Wintergreen oil contains a salicylate that gives the oil its blood-thinning properties. Mixing wintergreen oil with any career oil and massaging the mixture on the affected region will help to remedy blood clots. However, like in anise oil, you should apply this topically.
Epsom salt has anti-inflammatory and soothing effects. Soaking and relaxing in an Epsom salt solution for about 20 minutes will help to soften blood clots, thereby, promoting the flow of blood.
Getting Up Early Every Morning
Form the habit of rising up early every morning. Getting up early every morning is a good health habit. Sleeping means that the body virtually stays still in a particular position for hours. This long state of immobility can lead to the increased stickiness of platelets which may lead to clotting. You can start your day by eating a healthy meal every morning to prevent this.
For proper circulation of blood in the body, the body needs to be well hydrated. Dehydration can lead to blood thickening which eventually results in clots. Drinking enough water every day is the simplest and easiest way to get rid of blood clots.
Massage is a natural way of promoting blood circulation. This process also helps to remove blockages caused by blood clots.
Stop Drinking Alcohol
While this may not apply to everybody, it still needs to be stated. Alcohol consumption, when done in excess, can lead to the deposition of fats in blood vessels thereby, hindering blood circulation. Reducing your alcohol intake or completely staying away from it is a simple and natural way of treating and preventing blood clots.
Smoking is dangerous to the health, but many people take this warning lightly. Smoking leads to many health problems including clot formation and poor blood circulation.
Research has found that dark chocolate is helpful in the prevention of blood clots. This is possible due to the presence of blood-thinning flavonoids in the liquor. However, it is advised that the consumption of dark chocolate should be moderate considering the fact that it contains cocoa butter and sugar, which in excess are not healthy.
Herbs that dissolve blood clots
The following herbs have blood-thinning properties which make them good at dissolving blood clots.
- Flaxseeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are healthy to the body. These fatty acids help in preventing blood clots by reducing the aggregation/coagulation of blood platelets.
- Chia seeds. Like flaxseeds, chia seeds are also natural blood-thinners due to the range of healthy minerals in them.
- Nutella nuts. Nutella nuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are helpful in preventing and stopping blood clots. Other nuts such as walnuts and hazelnuts also offer the same benefit.
- Leafy vegetables. Vegetables such as kale and broccoli have antioxidants that combat against free radicals in the body and help to prevent blood clotting.
- Helichrysum oil. As an essential oil, helichrysum oil has anti-inflammatory properties. However, beyond its use as a pain reliever, this essential oil when applied topically can help to dissolve blood clots.
- Grapefruit contains a soluble fiber, pectin, which helps in the break down of cholesterol and in minimizing the risk of blood clotting.
- Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants that help in the production of nitric oxide, essential for the smooth circulation of blood through the arteries.
- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene which is a carotenoid (a type of antioxidant) that helps in reducing the risk of atherosclerosis – a blood vessel disorder.
- Sweet potatoes. High cholesterol in the body can lead to the deposition of unhealthy fats in blood vessels. Hence, the cholesterol level in the body needs to be controlled. Sweet potatoes contain fiber, carotene, vitamin C and potassium which help to lower the cholesterol level of the body.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Blood Clots
The Ayurvedic method of herbalism is an ancient Hindu tradition that is used for body healing and elongation of life. While this method may not be the most effective for the treatment of blood clots, it is a simple and easy way to go about the de-clotting process.
Arjun ki Chaal. Also called Terminalia Arjuna, this herb is the bark of a tree. It is a powerful natural blood thinner and is healthy for the heart. To use Arjun ki Chaal to treat blood clots, you just need to pour some of the bark into warm water, allow it to steep, and drink the filtered water very early in the morning. You need to continue this process until you observe some positive changes.
How to dissolve blood clots in legs
One indication of blood clotting in the legs is the presence of a swollen, reddish skin discoloration. This discoloration can also be painful. While in most cases, the blood clot may be innocuous, in others, it can be life-threatening. Therefore, getting a quick solution to this problem becomes important.
The following methods can be used for dissolving blood clots in the legs:
- Turmeric is what gives curry powder its yellowish-orange color. This herb contains a chemical compound that has anti-clotting properties and can be used in the treatment of blood clots.
- Cayenne pepper. This chili pepper is a common kitchen spice in homes. The presence of salicylates gives the pepper the anti-blood-thickening properties that make it useful for treating blood clots.
- Just like cayenne pepper, ginger is also rich in salicylates that have blood-thinning properties. You can use ginger for treating blood clotting by drinking ginger tea. Ginger tea can be made by adding peeled ginger to boiled water, allowing the mixture to steep and drinking when cold.
- Research has found that oregano plant has blood-clot inhibiting properties among other things. This makes it a good and easy treatment for blood clots.
- Garlic contains chemical compounds with anti-thrombotic properties, which are helpful in dissolving blood clots in the legs. To use garlic, mix mashed garlic to one cup of hot water; allow the mixture to steep and then drink when cold.
- Green tea. Green tea is a known herbal tea with many health benefits including its antioxidant properties. This makes the tea a good remedy for the treatment of blood clots in the legs.